It’s getting colder and we are all looking forward to our upcoming winter training, adventures and of course the Montane Yukon Arctic Ultra. Time to check our equipment and see what’s new and exciting on the market. If you check out Montane’s website you will see some great new kit! It’s too much to go through here but in their menu you can click on “New Season” in both the Women’s and Men’s section and get the perfect overview. Some of the new Montane clothing that will be perfect for the MYAU we want to feature here:
Montane Men’s Dart XT Thermal Zip Neck Long Sleeved Top
A good layering system starts with the perfect base layer. The Montane Men’s Dart XT Zip Neck Base Layer is the ultimate expedition base layer. Recycled Apex Thermo Eco fabric with a brushed back offers long-term comfort and high wicking ability – moving any moisture that’s generated away from the body. 4-way stretch also allows for unrestricted dynamic movement, without compromising thermal efficiency. Polygiene treatment also provides essential odour control – perfect for multi day use during high output activities.
- Polygiene permanent anti odour
- Low profile collar with 1/4 length YKK reverse coil semi-auto lock zip
- Low profile seams throughout for improve comfort next to skin
Also available as a women’s version.
Montane Men’s Respond XT Hooded Insulated Jacket
The Respond XT Hooded Insulated Jacket is the new and updated version of Montane’s Flux Jacket. It has been especially engineered for the cold and wet. Lightweight windproof and water-resistant protection is provided by the insulated jackets use of PERTEX® Quantum Eco fabric. Whilst essential warmth and further weather resistance comes from recycled PrimaLoft® Silver insulation. A perfect cut and feature set mean you are able to perform in a range of challenging conditions.
- Sleeve articulation for added comfort during dynamic movement
- Fully adjustable hood with stiffened peak to protect against cold winds
- Hook and Loop cuff adjustment
- Internal drop pocket to keep essentials close to the body
- 2x Zipped hand pockets
- 2x YKK reverse coil hand pockets for secure storage
- 2x YKK Vislon zipped chest pockets for secure quick access to essentials
- YKK 2 way Vislon centre front zip for harness compatible protection
- Fully adjustable hem to minimise heat loss and keep out wind
Montane Men’s Phase XT Waterproof Jacket
The Men’s Phase XT Waterproof Jacket is a tough, durable shell that will deliver essential protection and enhanced movement when you need it most. Additional features include a helmet compatible hood, making this waterproof jacket well equipped for those seeking extra protection on the move.
- 70 Denier GORE-TEX Performance Technology, with a hydrostatic head of 28,000mm and RET <9
- Fully adjustable, roll-away climbing helmet compatible hood with three point ‘quick release’ adjustment and stiffened peak
- Internal mesh drop pocket to stash accessories
- Full-length two-way YKK AQUAGUARD® VISLON front zip with internal storm flap
- 2x map sized hand pockets with YKK AQUAGUARD® zips
- Shaped cuffs with adjustable hook and loop tabs
- Two-way YKK AQUAGUARD® pit zips
- Adjustable hem with cinchable drawcord to minimise heat loss
- Articulated arms for high reach movement
Also available as a women’s version.
We could go on and on as Montane has got a wide range of fleeces, many more rain jackets and insulated jackets (down and synthetic), a great variety of pants and perfect gloves and hats. If you go on training runs when the temperatures drop, Montane also offers warm tights, tops and of course their legendary running packs. For more Montane kit we recommend specifically for the MYAU, please check out our gear list that was just updated. And for all Montane kit and some really inspiring content, please go to www.montane.com.